SOLVED Several updates on 5/14/19 but not Build upgrade..

Reaction score
For clarification.....
It seems both of your failures occurred while using a second internal hard drive. Could the driver involved be of the SATA version? I don't think these messages are really about incompatible devices but of some type of failure to have what the install thinks it needs.

Using the 32 GB USB drive would seem to be silly since it only has 3.6 GB of install files on the drive. But if the install wanted to use it to back up data on your current install or put temporary folders to be used during the install, it may need extra room. And that is what I feel the comments about the USB or SD cards are about. Microsoft is looking for a way to use less space in the C partition so it can keep from losing personal files due to lack of space. But everything I mention is just total speculation.

I am not showing the $Windows.~BT hidden folders I had seen in the past. I do have the Windows.old folder and on one system, a $WinRE_Backup_Partition.Marker.

But as you have said many times, all we can do is wait to see if we get verification from some source. A comment like the one you see, is unacceptable ..

No action is needed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But as you have said many times, all we can do is wait to see
The remainder of that quote from the message in the image above basically says just that
"Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been resolved."

Which is Microsoft speak for "wait to see"

Reaction score
I saw a post where the latest update released to the Insider Previews was directed at the install situation so maybe they found some solution. Maybe the folks who haven't yet upgraded will be seeing that and if successful, the build will be available on Windows Update. I have no other systems left to upgrade...

Right now the Windows Update service seems to be down, possibly related to the holiday.

Ask a Question