Windows 10 Search is blank

Reaction score
hey.

I have a problem with the Search of Windows 10.
If I press the windows button and search for example "updates" it does not show anything just a blank window.
I tryed to restart the service Windows Search.
I tryed to kill Cortana in Taskmanager.
tt.png

Reaction score
This was caused by Update 4532695 according to what I just read online. The update has ruined Search for ALL W10 users. I don't know how to fix this.

Reaction score
This was caused by Update 4532695 according to what I just read online. The update has ruined Search for ALL W10 users. I don't know how to fix this.
if it is KB453295 then remove the KB - myself I do not have such a KB installed. and so far my Search works 100%.

Reaction score
And what version of Win 10 does the OP have?:

An upgrade (if necessary) may solve the problem?. :)

Reaction score

ALL W10 Users??? maybe a few but certainly not all. Search is working 100% despite KB4532695 and this one does affect (if even so) only build 1903 and 1909

Reaction score
When I click the search button nothing happens at all, not even a blank window! I'm running W10 v.1909 on a Dell laptop and I've read online that problems with the search function in 1903 and 1909 have hit so many users, Microsoft are working on a fix.

Reaction score
I turned off the computer for five hours. I did nothing to fix this. When I turned the computer back on, the search now works perfectly. I have a feeling that Microsoft somehow fixed this on their end.

Reaction score
hey.

I have a problem with the Search of Windows 10.
If I press the windows button and search for example "updates" it does not show anything just a blank window.
I tryed to restart the service Windows Search.
I tryed to kill Cortana in Taskmanager.
View attachment 11232

Glad it's not just me. Literally received an email from Windows 10 Forums and this was the first post!

Reaction score
ALL W10 Users??? maybe a few but certainly not all. Search is working 100% despite KB4532695 and this one does affect (if even so) only build 1903 and 1909

Lucky you. It affected me. Won't know if it's been fixed until PC turned off and on again (work computer).

Reaction score
Thanks tomheaverlo for that link to a fix at Windows Central, it's got my search button working again!

Reaction score

Supposedly Windows is gonna roll out an update to fix this...and probably break something else.

Reaction score
Firstly, the "Search" function is in the bottom left taskbar all the time, you don't have to press the "Win Key" this is very strange??? I have the v1909 - January 28, 2020—KB4532695 (OS Builds 18362.628 and 18363.628) update installed and have NO PROBLEMS with the search function in Win-10 and never ever had this problem, there must be something else that is wrong, its not from an update!

I would suggest that you go to Update & Security > Recovery > Reset your PC to the last Restore Point that you have, make sure that you backup all your latest files before you do this!!! After that completes, reboot and. then, go to This PC > (right click on your) C: boot drive > Properties > Disc Cleanup > Cleanup system files >>> and see if you have any of the junk update files (which there could be GB's of) and delete them all and then "reboot" and see if "Search" works?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It was an "outage" (apparently lasting about three and a half hours) which MS apparently blamed some third party issue
Windows search went down for hours because of a Microsoft services outage
Microsoft blames a “third-party networking fiber provider” for experiencing a network disruption resulting in multiple Microsoft 365 services issues. “This issue has been resolved for most users and in some cases you may need to reboot your machine,” says a Microsoft spokesperson in a statement to The Verge.
SOURCE: https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/5/2...wn-blank-results-issues-microsoft-bing-outage

Ask a Question