SOLVED 17133 gone live 17133.73

Reaction score
I hate to break up the political narrative but I just saw this when I checked for updates. I have already installed the first one and the second one is the cause of the entire problem, as far as I know.

Update1_smaller.jpg

Reaction score
Yes, the public is delayed until I suppose they get this figured out. I saw this last night at 10:00 PM but by 12:00 when I had completed a clean install, again, the second upgrade was gone and Version Next installed normally.

I would have put this whole thread in the Insiders section, but I thought it might be good for the other users to see what is happening. You would have had an update yesterday if it wasn't for this problem.

Reaction score
It didn't until after I saw this latest posting. That site has always been reliable. I just typed in the URL without the KB number and no warning. Then I went to this link on their main page https://windowsreport.com/kb4093112/ and no warning, then I changed just the kb number and again no warning.

It's weird, clicking the link in my other post is no longer throwing up the warning.

Reaction score
Did you see that on a machine that was running Version 1709 OS Build 16299.371
OR something else
No, the public machine running 17133.1 has had no activity. I would not expect it to until a cumulative update is released to the public for that build.

Reaction score
Found this just a few minutes ago using my Insider Preview Version 1803 Build 17133.73 computer:
I think the "Version Next" update was a replacement for KB4100375. I do not have that update and mine shows .73.

I was just surprised to see the same situation I saw 24 hours ago. I thought Microsoft was working on this....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No, the public machine running 17133.1 has had no activity. I would not expect it to until a cumulative update is released to the public for that build.
I remain interested in how that machine behaves when MS finally decides to pull the trigger on the Official Release

Reaction score
LOL. I'm getting a little lost in this thread, also, Bass. It has become a mix of current updates and insider updates.
I've been lost ever since the beginning of he Insider Program. Testing an application before release is not that confusing, but this testing during the life of the application is confusing.

Reaction score
LOL. I'm getting a little lost in this thread, also, Bass. It has become a mix of current updates and insider updates.
You have just highlighted the importance of using complete descriptions such as Version number plus Build numbers as seen in Windows key + R and typing winver.

Reaction score
Or Right click the start orb and select run.type winver I think this thread problem is a little deeper though.
Even reading the first few posts, with many cross references, leaves it to the imagination.
I saw an earlier post suggesting the whole thread be put into the "insider" section. I don't see that helping.It will only change the location of the confusion.

Reaction score
The confusion is Microsoft not releasing the build. I think we will have confusion like this at release points. It is a bit of a gray area between Insider and Public.

Bif

Reaction score
I find myself in a constant state of confusion since the "big" day in July 2015... with each patch and cumulative update offering more questions than answers.
I don't even try to understand or rationalize MS ethos as honestly I doubt they even understand it.
Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
"The confusion is Microsoft not releasing the build. I think we will have confusion like this at release points. It is a bit of a gray area between Insider and Public. "

I will , with humility, stand to be corrected, but I believe that all MS have said, to date, on this matter, is that the release preview would be available to all (insiders?) in the release preview ring on the 9th Apr. There doesn't seem to be any further comment other than that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
all MS have said, to date, on this matter, is that the release preview would be available to all (insiders?) in the release preview ring on the 9th Apr
That's a pretty good and accurate summary.
Outside of that.....
Pretty much "crickets".
Been watching twitter and nothing of substance with respect to anything going on with respect to Insider Builds or the RTM release.

Ask a Question