SOLVED Build 17133 is available .. RTM...

Reaction score
This is the third build upgrade this machine has had in four days. This one seems to have gone OK.

So far, it has not replaced all the live tiles on the Start Menu that I have had to remove, which is good....

Build 17133.1 Version 1803

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Still waiting.
Had a brief moment of panic when it sat on the "initializing" screen an extra long time before it bounced to 100%
Now just "Preparing to install" 30%, so it'll be a while for me.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Everything seems to be up and running fine.
True to their suggestion that the noticeable portion of the install, that period following the first reboot, would be 30 minutes or less....
On some pretty ancient hardware I can report that, that part of the install from reboot to a working desktop took 24 minutes.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
So, as far as you know, Trouble, if I want to go back to normal Windows I am pretty much set by keeping what I currently have and remove the Insiders options? I don't even think there is a need to do a clean install for the new system, although I might do that anyway.

Glad it is working out so far.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not an easy question to answer at this stage.
IF, the insider build that you have installed currently, is in fact the RTM, then turning off the Insider feature will leave you where you are and with that build.
IF, it is not and I believe that it is probably not, then it will revert you to the public build you had installed when you turned on the insider option.
IF, you simply installed an Insider ISO and then activated that with a legitimate key with no underlying install of Windows 10 in place, then I'm not sure what will happen. My best guess is that it will revert you to the latest publicly available build.

The best bet is to wait and be sure that you have the Spring version RTM via insider and then turn it off.
It should be obvious soon, within a week or so, barring any Easter holiday long weekend delay.

Reaction score
OK, thanks. I will leave it as it is until I see the public release version ... After that, I will post back how it worked..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of speculation out there about this build being the RTM.
I think I'll Acronis image my disk and test to see what happens.
It's not like I'm all that busy anyway.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well I dumped the Insider Preview and it left me with the 17133 build, and....
I think I've been here and done this before
You're presented with this screen

Capture.PNG

IF you choose the "Roll me back" option it dumps you to the reset screen.... not helpful.
IF you choose the bottom entry, which is what I chose then you're left when whatever you have installed, but.....
AS best I recall, I think you are also kind of stranded and you pick up no further builds of any type since you are no longer in the Insider Program, so you're pretty much stuck there.
AND
IF I recall correctly the screen above looks slightly different if you do have the actual RTM version from Insider Program that will ultimately be the actual public release.

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble, but you remember I have a new machine with nothing of value on it. I was looking forward to playing with that process .. ;)

I have a license so all I have to do, if the very worst happened, would be to clean install the release on April 10th....

Of course, some of these Steam games take a while to download. The flight simulator has around 95 GB of data.

Reaction score
@Grizzly and @clifford_cooley, do you guys ever remember Microsoft warning the general public a new build was coming? I always try to warn my family, just in case they may want to do something about it.

It will be interesting to see comments regarding whether this is the final build prior to public release or not... ;)

Reaction score
View attachment 8296
I'm seeing a lot of speculation out there about this build being the RTM.
I think I'll Acronis image my disk and test to see what happens.
It's not like I'm all that busy anyway.
Yep.It is supposed tio be available on the 10Th April. I also mad an imge and dived in with an ISo.
Somr point:
It didnt ask me if I wanted to keep my personal settings or make a clean install. It kept my personal settings and software,.
Several restarts (more than normal))
Finally arrived at my login. 35 minutes. That could be a lot shorter if you have a decent download speed . It spends a little time downlading updates.
Activated.
Working 100%

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I am seeing something a little strange regarding my wireless network Link Speed. It concerns the settings/network page and Status then View your network properties.

On the Wi-Fi section there is a Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 54/866 Mbps.
It should read 866/866 and I have tested my speed and gotten the full internet speed of 120 Mbps.

This system does have 802.11d which seems to be related to location capabilities but I have tried disabling it with no effect.

Anyone else seeing this "erroneous" indication? My system is fully 802.11ac capable and I can find no reason it should be limited to just an G speed. I have checked the advanced properties for the Wi-Fi adapter, which show Auto and tried /ac also.

I feel this system has not picked up the correct info or there is a bug in the build. I did not run the Wi-Fi on earlier builds. So I wanted to check to see if anyone else was seeing this.

Thanks...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm seeing something similar and have no idea as to what it might mean.
I added the results of SpeedTest.net in the image as my typical internet speeds are also similar to yours.
No idea as to why the wireless is showing that range between Receive / Transmit
My ethernet adapter shows 1000 / 1000 (gig speed)

Capture1.PNG

Ask a Question