SOLVED Build 17133 is available .. RTM...

Reaction score
@davehc Trouble has the correct path and is showing the same as mine.

@Bighorn the 802.11d came with this new Asus Maximus motherboard. I had not seen it before either, but since I tried disabling it, the situation does not seem effected by it.

@Trouble since you show the same as mine and both of ours check normally for speed, I will have to assume it is some type of glitch. My other systems with an Intel and Killer Wi-Fi device show 866/866. Since you do not have a Realtek device, then it cannot be blamed on it.

Maybe someone at the Windows forum would know for sure if it is a glitch or designed that way for some reason, although I cannot think why.

Thanks all..

Reaction score
Thank for the response, Saltgrass. I think I will just stay clear of the thread. Internet connections , partly through my laziness in studying, are black magic to me. I cannot , for the life of me, fibd anything in Windows 10 related to the Link comments, or the posted picture.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click Start, click settings, click network and internet
Left column "Status"
Link in right pane near bottom "View your network properties"
Should produce the correct window that show the information.

Reaction score
Ok. Got it

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Looks like I am out of luck with this. As I said, I shouldn't get my fingers burned!

Virtual WiFi is a technology that virtualizes your network adapter much in the same way VMWare virtualizes your entire operating system. Once virtualized, you can basically convert one physical wireless adapter into two virtual ones. This allows you to then connect one virtual network adapter to your regular wireless network and use the other virtual adapter to connect to another network such as an ad-hoc network or to create a WiFi hotspot and allow others to connect to your Windows 7 machine wirelessly like they would connect to a normal wireless access point.

I have no entry referring to a "link"

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Looks like I am out of luck with this. As I said, I shouldn't get my fingers burned!
It is understandable certain info may be hard to find. Win 10 has been moving certain references around while going from the old windows to new user interface options. The Wi-Fi will not usually be populated if you are using the Ethernet connection.

But the numbers are live and will change. The old window allows the number to change while it is open. It may not change while the window is open but the older version does change except it only shows one number. This attachment is from another system still on the public build. This situation should not be a big deal unless the incorrect info is used in a way which might effect your system. Such as if streaming to that system was based on that number.

Link Speed1.jpg

Reaction score
If you are referring to my clip, then " The Wi-Fi will not usually be populated if you are using the Ethernet connection.", is not applicable. I switched it off when I realised I had the wrong device. The picture shows pure WiFi.

Anyway, a said, everything, for me, is unchanged in respect of my internet connection, so there is nothing really that need to be be changed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This build is being moved over and going out to Slow Ringers in the Insider Program today.
UPDATE 3/30: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17133 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring. As part of this flight, we are testing the engineering systems responsible for the deployment of Windows 10 feature updates to customers. As such, not all Insiders in the Slow ring will be immediately targeted to receive this flight. We are targeting full availability to the Slow ring on Monday 4/2 however, if you’d like to install immediately, a manual check for updates under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update will present the build.

NOTE: It will be listed as “Feature update for Windows 10, version 1803”.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...dows-10-insider-preview-build-17133-for-fast/

Reaction score
Someone in the Windows forum was claiming this could not be the RTM because there were still diagnostics for Insiders included. I do not know exactly what he is referring to but maybe in 2 weeks we will know for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks davehc,

The diagnostics seem like something which might be present if you were currently in the Insider's program. Perhaps if you chose to leave, those would go away..

I don't think I agree with that supposition. I see entries in the Settings all the time which only apply to that one install, such as the Mixed Reality.

Reaction score
Agreed. If you hunt hard enough down in the code, you can even find references to things as far back as Windows 7..

Anyway, whilst the link was to an MA official site, the opinions were individual. Fwiw. I am using the update on one of my laptops as standard. It will be interesting to see how it is handled when the Spring release comes out in a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
Not an easy question to answer at this stage.
IF, the insider build that you have installed currently, is in fact the RTM, then turning off the Insider feature will leave you where you are and with that build.
IF, it is not and I believe that it is probably not, then it will revert you to the public build you had installed when you turned on the insider option.
IF, you simply installed an Insider ISO and then activated that with a legitimate key with no underlying install of Windows 10 in place, then I'm not sure what will happen. My best guess is that it will revert you to the latest publicly available build.

The best bet is to wait and be sure that you have the Spring version RTM via insider and then turn it off.
It should be obvious soon, within a week or so, barring any Easter holiday long weekend delay.
I have dropped out of The Insider Program and am running Build 17133.1 with no issues , so I would have to think that this Build is final. Maybe a CU on 4.10.2018

Reaction score
I have installed the build on one of my Dell (not Insider) systems using the .iso created from the leaked builds of 17133. So far, things seem normal except some servers may not yet be active for the pubic version.

As you say Gideon, maybe a release on the 10th followed immediately by an update. I seem to remember this has been the process in the past.

I have always wondered about leaked builds. It is really Microsoft wanting to see installs which may have problems but for which they cannot be held responsible....

Reaction score
I have dropped out of The Insider Program and am running Build 17133.1 with no issues , so I would have to think that this Build is final. Maybe a CU on 4.10.2018
It is my understanding that any build can be downloaded and installed without joining the insider program. Am I mistaken in thinking the Insider Program simply allows for continued Windows Updates passed public release? Why else would MS suggest; it is the user's responsibility to reinstall a publicly released build, when they drop out of the Insider Program?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Some new news that doesn't amount to much in the way of real information
UPDATE 4/5: We have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17133 (RS4) to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. Not all Insiders in the Release Preview ring will be immediately targeted to receive this flight. We are targeting full availability to Release Preview Monday 4/9 however if you’d like to install immediately, a manual check for updates under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update will present the build
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...dows-10-insider-preview-build-17133-for-fast/

Just incase someone doesn't know, the "Release Preview" ring is the one below the slow ring. I used it briefly but it was too boring and seldom got any activity except nearing actual release times.
I wasn't even aware it was still an available option.

Reaction score
It is my understanding that any build can be downloaded and installed without joining the insider program.
Those who have been in the program for a while may disagree but I think you have to be in or had been in the program in order to download a preview build.

I started a thread about a year ago related to changes made to procedures and what Microsoft can control if you agree to be into the program. Some of those changes may be in play now.

I am assuming, but do not know for sure, if you are not in the Jump Ahead option, you will not be offered builds beyond RS4, the one to be released soon. But perhaps, once 17133 is released to the Public, RS5 will no longer be considered a Jump Ahead build.

I was thinking about jumping to RS5, but maybe such a commitment would not be the best choice for me.

Reaction score
I was thinking about jumping to RS5, but maybe such a commitment would not be the best choice for me.
That's why I have the IP/Insider Preview [Fast Ring] on separate computers from my production/main machines, allows experimenting without harming my needs.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We are targeting full availability to Release Preview Monday 4/9
That would be the day before everyone is convinced will be the RTM date.
I'm not certain as to whether that is a positive indicator or not.....

Reaction score
That would be the day before everyone is convinced will be the RTM date.
Well, they say you could get it earlier, but one last chance to test the install on all possible machines before official release. The fact it is being done on Monday, means something in itself ..

That's why I have the IP/Insider Preview [Fast Ring] on separate computers from my production/main machines, allows experimenting without harming my needs.
The machine I am on now and 4 others are not production machines ;). I am going to reinstall this one anyway so loading the jump ahead would not bother me unless there were some requirements I leave it that way. I have already seen posts where folks trying to Jump ahead, currently, are being denied for some reason.

Ask a Question