SOLVED 17133 gone live 17133.73

Reaction score
If I'm not badly mistaken 1803 is in reference to a date Microsoft started with Windows 10. It is in reference to a promise giving two build releases per year (a spring release and a Fall release). Does 1803 not refer to March of 2018? Or does MS plan on falling behind each year? Either they can keep a schedule or they can't.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally, you will see that designation as the official "version" number depicting the year and month in that format, when the development of that particular Insider Build offering is either feature locked or very near being feature locked.
In every instance that I can think of (at least in all recent instances) the month is always the month preceding the month of the actual public release, so in this case March... the month before the presumed April public release.
Much the same way that 1709 for instance was publicly available in October.

Reaction score
Somebody on the Microsoft site is speculating they may be going to a new Insiders build, 17134.1. I suppose if that were true, the release date of a public build would be moved back by some time.

Reaction score
Capture.PNG
That is coming down from the build feed info:

Reaction score
If I'm correct, as mentioned yesterday, the next major release will most likely be after the Zuckerberg hearing and recommendations on invasion of privacy. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Reaction score
I don't know about MS, but I'm not invested in that hearing and can certainly wait to read about the results.

Reaction score
The comments quoted in this article are appalling. People can't simply agree with anyone they have to find anything and everything to throw rocks at. The senator [I'm assuming] stated he wanted the user agreement rewritten in English and then used an example of non-English. All of a sudden the senator is a racist pig. People make me sick making things out to be what they are not.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hey cliff....check out my link to the EU link on there new privacy laws....specifically the consent section where is expressly says they want it written in laymen's terms.

Bif

Reaction score
I've never been a FB user and never quite understood the idea of letting everyone know what you are eating, doing, watching etc... and then having people like it and "poke" you.
I prefer the original social media, and jaw about life and other things over bad coffee in a comfy greasy spoon...but that's just me.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I've never been a FB user and never quite understood the idea of letting everyone know what you are eating, doing, watching etc... and then having people like it and "poke" you.
I prefer the original social media, and jaw about life and other things over bad coffee in a comfy greasy spoon...but that's just me.
I agree....but there's an underlying issue. That is MS, Google, Snapchat and others are all doing the same thing. Taking that data by disguising it in lawyer mumbo jumbo double talk to sell it off. To think otherwise is just plain naive.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've never been a FB user
Me either.
MS, Google, Snapchat and others are all doing the same thing
Sure they are.

Like they say....
When you are getting something for "free".....
You're not the customer....
You're the product.

I'll just mention that the upgrade from previous versions of Windows to Windows 10 was "free" first time ever Microsoft offered a free version of their OS (even an upgrade).
AND
Let that just sink in.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The comments quoted in this article are appalling.
Yep....
You definitely want to stay away from twitter.
Everyone has some axe or other they always want to grind.
A few minutes on twitter and you will be absolutely convinced that there is not a single ox left on the planet that has not been gored.

Reaction score
I'll just mention that the upgrade from previous versions of Windows to Windows 10 was "free" first time ever Microsoft offered a free version of their OS (even an upgrade).
AND
Let that just sink in.
Hmmmm, seems Apple started not charging for OS Upgrades back a few versions ago, after Mountain Lion or maybe Mavericks, can't recall just which. Probably same thing, found how to otherwise make money.

Ask a Question