Windows 10 Anniversary Update released today (2nd August 2016)

Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Ian, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Ian

Hoody

Not sure about your specific case, but I also got some strange pop ups at first about having to sign in with my account for some stuff, hell I don't even remember my MS account lol. Anyway I found un checking the box's in settings/privacy took care of that, so I'm not sure but maybe you have something checked there you don't need. who knows it may work.

Hoody, Aug 16, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Trouble Noob Whisperer Moderator

Not seeing any 10016 errors with your references to ShellServiceHost, CDP Activity Store, or Edge, but.....
    I do get one 10016 error, apparently daily. Presumably when I start my computer that references DistributedCOM / COM Server
    Which I am choosing to completely ignore as it doesn't seem to be producing any unusual symptoms.
    FWIW.... I use a Microsoft Account always on my computer. I suppose I could create a local user account and test.

Trouble, Aug 16, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Saltgrass

OK, I will try that. I just tried logging in again and it let me and the situation does seem intermittent..

The error you are getting is the same one I am seeing, the CDP Activity Store.
    CLSID
    {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}

The AppID seems to refer to the CDP Remote Text Handler

I have seen one instance of such a thing in the past but not two or even three. The One about the ShellServiceHost would seem to be important but I do not know what the CDP Activity Store is. Which errors you may see may depend on how you use your system.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Saltgrass, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Ian

Hoody

So far I've checked with others and this so called "roll out" some people seem to be talking about isn't rolling very far, many find that to upgrade they DO need to go to another system, like the MCT to get the thing. I had to do this same thing when W8.1 had that "upgrade .1," it never did show up for me in WU either. And at that time MS didn't release an ISO like it did this time. So I wasn't going to wait around this time.

So if your going to continue to wait, weather you think its worth the update or not, you may be waiting a very long time, and it may not show up in WU at all. Which may be fine for those that have no real interest one way or the other anyway. But who knows, MS may hose up security updates for TH2 like they did for W8 when they went to 8.1, at some point by requiring the upgrade be installed.

Like I said, I did have my odd problems the first time I went through the install process, I used a different method that time, the 2nd time I made sure I had the latest MCT, and let it "install on this PC" instead of making the USB installer (which I did the 3rd time around just to have it) and that time it all worked out fine.

The 2 items I had that were off whack, was my IntelPro set tray icon which I fixed by uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, and my Atomic Clock tray, which was fixed by the author. The start menu is a bit different, but its nothing that bother's me now. Other stuff usually ends up being "fixed" as updates come along . And Oh yeah, the MS games had to be reinstalled with a new installer fixed for Redstone.

It even installed fine on my old desktop that had Vista, and it has some pretty old hardware with only 4g ram, yet is running well.

Just some FYI ......... :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Hoody, Aug 18, 2016
  5. Ian

Aputernut

To get the Anniversary upgrade click on Start/settings/security updates/ then click on learn more and it will open the upgrade page.

Aputernut, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Ian

Dakrampus

Same here...
    Actually it took me days to configure my system as it is...
    and disable the tasks for cortana and edge...
    Also it took me hours to install a working version of the original windows 7 game spider solitaire...
    Every major update of windoiws removes it automatically so I have to restart all over again...
    That is why I am not touching this one with a 10 foot pole.
    (All I need is word, excel and photoshop as well as a good audio editor)
    I am allways annoyed when i click a file and it says: there are new apps to open this...
    I do NOT want new apps.. i want the programs I use.. thats all...
    @ Defender01 Yes you are right... the classic shell is the best!

Dakrampus, Sep 2, 2016
    Defender01 likes this.
  7. Ian

Defender01

Or if all is working leave well alone.;)
    The Anniversary upgrade seems to have caused more problems than it fixed for many. :(

Defender01, Sep 5, 2016
  8. Ian

MrEd

I always say delay any upgrades by 4-6 months (which you can do with W10 Pro). Gotta give dust a chance to settle with the subsequent updates following initial release/upgrade.

MrEd, Sep 6, 2016
  9. Ian

D Belbin

Whenever I check for upgrades I get "We couldn’t connect to the update service. We’ll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn’t work, make sure that you’re connected to the Internet."
    If I try to load free apps from the microsoft Store I get " Something went wrong -Error code 0x80248014"
    Internet access OK, PC operation seems OK.
    Can anyone help?

D Belbin, Sep 6, 2016
  10. Ian

clifford_cooley

I'm sure someone will step in to help, but please start a new thread first.

clifford_cooley, Sep 6, 2016
  11. Ian

D Belbin

Thanks chief. Must be super to know what you are talking about.

D Belbin, Sep 6, 2016
  12. Ian

don sigler

Most Useless Update of all time, One big step to make Winblows 10 an even worse OS than it was. 45 min update of pure Hot Gas.

don sigler, Sep 18, 2016
    1. Advertisements