Windows 10 Anniversary Update released today (2nd August 2016)

Reaction score
Well i think i will leave my upgrade as it is set on defer for 8 months.
There is nothing in that upgrade i need or use so as they say if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. ;)

LOL I hear dat homes lol, if its workin for ya why bother. I'd have done the same thing had it not worked out the last time. I'm just one that will keep turnin the wrench till the leak stops or it busts open lol, smirk :)

Anyway....... all is workin now, even fixed the clock tray thingy, (don't ask :) ) so everything is back to normal. (Even the desktop is done :))

Now to finish the updates and clean it up and make my full image and its done, man........:)

Bif

Reaction score
MS's newest cumulative just downloaded and installed, and it went without incident.I almost feel a bit guilty judging by how many are encountering problem after problem with even getting the upgrade.As usual, it would be really nice to know what is all going into these cumulative offerings..but I ain't holding my breath.
Generally, I'm really happy with the Aug. build... hasn't burped and or farted or been incorrigible in any way.

Reaction score
Well i think i will leave my upgrade as it is set on defer for 8 months.
There is nothing in that upgrade i need or use so as they say if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. ;)
Just remember that for W10 Pro, if you've set 8 months, that adds up to 12 months in total, because there's an automatic 4 months built in.

Reaction score
Same as Bif. I'll mosey along until I do run into an unsolvable problem - then stop

Reaction score
Just remember that for W10 Pro, if you've set 8 months, that adds up to 12 months in total, because there's an automatic 4 months built in.
Well that's good news perhaps they will have sorted out the mess out by then.
Reading through these posts its bad that everyone has had to rectify or go back to a previous build you shouldn't need to do that

Reaction score
Me thinks 4-6 months (in total) is ample time for the dust to settle.

Reaction score
Me thinks 4-6 months (in total) is ample time for the dust to settle.
Yes you would hope so.;)
There is nothing in that upgrade that i need or use so i will leave well alone.
Changing the start menu or changing the way icons look is not so much a upgrade more like a face lift. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I have trouble in computer land. This morning I turned on both HP PC's with WIN10-Home and WIN10-PRO. And what do I get for this.... one with Pro is showing update(s) downloading. When it finished, I had a new Cumulative Update Version 1607 for X64-based Systems (KB3176495) This is good...One would guess at this time. Never know what MS is shoving down our PC throat.

Now comes the PC with WIN10-Home. It wouldn't load windows at start-up. Few minutes later it started showing reverting back to previous OS. After about one hour it is showing "Installing Windows" After the installation, I now have Windows 10-Home with Build 1511. So, it appears I'm back to the original WIN10 upgrade. minus the Anniversary upgrade I did last week.

My thinking today is... inserting the Windows 7 discs and back to Windows 7 and to hell with Microsoft crazy way of doing upgrading a computer

Follow-Up: Ok, here's the latest on the PC with WIN10 Home that reverted back to the original WIN 10 upgrade. I pulled the power plug from the PC and let it stand for 1/2 hour and replugged it back in. It is now showing "Undoing Changes to PC", and that has been running some 20 minutes.....hold it!! the monitor screen just now went black...showing the "Whirly Wheel" faintly in the background doing what ever. May have to take my 16 pound fist and strike the PC into shock treatment to get it moving again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
don't look now, but Redstone 2 is already being talked about lolol..... so get ready :)

Bif

Reaction score
I have quit trying to figure peoples motives out many moons ago, and as I am happy...errr, content... OK settled and somewhat resigned with MS and their convoluted chaos they refer to as OS's/ cumulative updates.I guess I question what 99% of rational thinking individuals would and that is " why not just wait and release an OS after intensive testing to make sure it's cool for world wide distribution to the masses?"
Now with the Redstone 2 offering set to arrive in 2017, how many more machines are they going to render useless?...with each of these cumulative upgrades older outdated and non supported drivers are without question going to force folks to buy new PC's.. perhaps this is their intented mandate but who really knows?..it just seems with every MS move I shake my head more and more.
Again up to now I'm " happy" with the newest effort and everything is operating as it should...for how long?...is anyone's guess.
Just a mild Friday observation

Reaction score
I have quit trying to figure peoples motives out many moons ago, and as I am happy...errr, content... OK settled and somewhat resigned with MS and their convoluted chaos they refer to as OS's/ cumulative updates.I guess I question what 99% of rational thinking individuals would and that is " why not just wait and release an OS after intensive testing to make sure it's cool for world wide distribution to the masses?"
Now with the Redstone 2 offering set to arrive in 2017, how many more machines are they going to render useless?...with each of these cumulative upgrades older outdated and non supported drivers are without question going to force folks to buy new PC's.. perhaps this is their intented mandate but who really knows?..it just seems with every MS move I shake my head more and more.
Again up to now I'm " happy" with the newest effort and everything is operating as it should...for how long?...is anyone's guess.
Just a mild Friday observation
Yes that just about sums it up.
As for all these cumulative updates that they keep stacking onto our machines what are they are they even needed.
It seems like one cumulative update supersedes the previous one and they just keep stacking up as clutter. ;)

Reaction score
In addition to the above post. The latest cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1607 x64 based systems
(KB3176929) was to address a security advisory that was identified March 10, 2015 for IT professionals about SHA-2 code signing support. The security advisory announces the availability of a security update and contains additional security-related information.

Again my question is, why are MS just addressing this issue now, some 16 months after the fact. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
In addition to the above post. The latest cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1607 x64 based systems
(KB3176929) was to address a security advisory that was identified March 10, 2015 for IT professionals about SHA-2 code signing support. The security advisory announces the availability of a security update and contains additional security-related information.

Again my question is, why are MS just addressing this issue now, some 16 months after the fact. :rolleyes:
Why indeed and if they are 16 months past their sell by date are they actually needed now.

Reaction score
It appears that MS so-called "Updates" as they refer to is no more than a "cat and mouse" game to get these PC owners to ditch they computers and buy new ones. That way, they make money from the new "Wizbanged" W10 OS.
Yesterday, I read that they now are dropping any securiety and updates on people still running WIn7 with Intel Skylake processors Core i7-76700u. Intel is (soon) to make a new KABY LAKE AMD's Bristol Ridge and Qualcomm's 8996 build silicon processor to replace the i5,i6, and i7 processors. But yet, MS said they will send bugs to kill the new Kaby Lake processors. I still have a HP Pavilion p6750f desktop that I had upgraded to WIN10, but it caused so much trouble that I went back to WIN 7, and it is running fine with the Intel i7 processor.

Reaction score
I reinstalled Windows 7 on my Dell laptop. I need a good reliable working PC as I'm the Admin on a local forum.
For the 3rd consecutive month, I'm running out of bandwidth with the anniversary and cumulative updates that I have no control over. I haven't had any major hiccups with Win 10, but I don't like holding my breath when I see that black screen on start up, I think what's lurking in the background today. Actually Win 7 is a pleasure to operate. I expected more from MS with Windows 10.

Bif

Reaction score
How interesting!
No intention of beating the proverbial dead horse here but I have been checking my update history since the Redstone upgrade and it's showed nothing....until today! (catch-up?)
Chock yet another one up to no rhyme or reason and all the things that make you go "huh?" in the Windows world.

Reaction score
I love W10 and am now installing the anniversary upgrade on the 2nd. of my 4PC's and all is going great, however it does take time about an hr. or more depending on speed of PC.

Reaction score
I love W10 and am now installing the anniversary upgrade on the 2nd. of my 4PC's and all is going great, however it does take time about an hr. or more depending on speed of PC.
I do like W 10 but see nothing in the anniversary upgrade that i would want or need.
Having tried the upgrade which screwed my pc and took hours of my time to recover and go back to the previous build i wont be installing it for a while if ever.
Personally i don't think it was anywhere near ready and shouldn't have been released. :(

Ask a Question