SOLVED Anyone seen the new build upgrade (1809) yet?

Reaction score
Norton. This is the bit to which I refer. Prior to the update, I had a third option here -"log off". That seems to have moved to that now indicated by Trouble, so no worries, just a new little learning.
Annotation.png

Sorry about the large picture. I'm trying to get to grips with the new snipping tool!

Reaction score
My wife has just brought to my attention that there is no longer a logout option in the Strat Power icon.
Anyone else, or is it specific to my etups (it's not on any of my computers since the update)
Doesn't bother me a great deal, I use the Windows key + L , but I don't see why they would remove such a trivial, but useful, option.
Hi Dave and anyone else with the same problem,

is the little icon showing on the top of the other buttons in the start menu, click on it for logout options. :):):)

logout option.jpg

Reaction score
Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one. Surely it wasn't an oversight, the same option is now available under settings > system> storage > Free up space now.
affraid.gif

The strange thing about all this is that I have no files in my Local User, or Local Admin Downloads Folders; yet both Disk Clean and Free up Storage show 3.57 MB. Question now is where are the 3.57 MB of downloads. :rolleyes:

Beware I just found this and it's scary.
https://winaero.com/blog/clear-downloads-folder-windows-10/
That is a bit scary, if not a bit insane. Like people don't store files in their downloads folder. Maybe not the best practice, but I keep downloaded programs that I may need to reinstall or save for a later time. Not that I don't keep backups, but it's a bit inconvenient to have to restore 200+ gb of files.

Reaction score
Hi Dave and anyone else with the same problem,

is the little icon showing on the top of the other buttons in the start menu, click on it for logout options. :):):)

View attachment 9166
That was actually what Trouble pointed me to.
But, in my original post, I was interested to know if anyone else had lost the option in the Start - Click the power icon. (No answer)
To repeat, I still have it in the previous Windows 10, but not since the update.

Reaction score
My Restore Points were deleted and turned off as usual. One thing I've noticed and worthy of mentioning.
BEWARE 1809 has added a new box in "Disk Clean" That is, "Delete Downloads Folder" Beware folks if this box is checked it will delete all the content saved in your Downloads Folder. Not very nice MS.
I always transfer what I want to keep (downloads) from the Download Folder to a USB Thumb drive, makes a clean install less painless.
Have you tried it?.
I don't use it, but there is also the first option to delete downloaded program files, here:
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files

I have often wondered what exactly goes in there. Mine is always empty

Last edited:
Reaction score
Remarkable observation-

On another Forum, in which I participate, not a mention of the upgrade!!!!!!

Reaction score
But, in my original post, I was interested to know if anyone else had lost the option in the Start - Click the power icon. (No answer)
Since my desktop has not yet gotten the update, I am showing both old and new have the same options. I only have one user which might account for some differences or perhaps something in your power scheme setting or what buttons do may be involved.

Reaction score
To repeat, I still have it in the previous Windows 10, but not since the update.
Hi Dave,

I don't remember ever seeing the logout option button using the power button, it was always showing 3 power related icons only and logout was always the little icon a few places above it. :):):)

Reaction score
Have you tried it?.
I don't use it, but there is also the first option to delete downloaded program files, here:
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files

I have often wondered what exactly goes in there. Mine is always empty

Dave I had a file in my Download folder, copied it over to my Docs for safety reasons the ran Disk Clean with the Download folder checked. It did in fact delete the file in my Download folder.
affraid.gif

Bif

Reaction score
mine was switched to "Off"
Interesting as mine was still switched to "on" unlike all other updates where it got switched off in the process.
Yet another anomaly.
Took forever to complete this update..left it on all night to do it's thing.

Reaction score
@davehc said:
@Wolfie:
Hi Dave,

I don't remember ever seeing the logout option button using the power button, it was always showing 3 power related icons only and logout was always the little icon a few places above it.
Is this talking about the Right-click of the Start button and Shut down or Sign out?

Bif

Reaction score
@Norton Yes, feeling lucky..
And it's good thing as I'm a member of the follically challenged club.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they are going to push back the build like they did with the last one. I don't want to waste my time installing a build if they are going to release another in a month. Yet I want to stay ahead of Windows Update at the same time. This is such BS having to deal with this level of incompetence from Microsoft.

Reaction score
Dave I had a file in my Download folder, copied it over to my Docs for safety reasons the ran Disk Clean with the Download folder checked. It did in fact delete the file in my Download folder.
affraid.gif
Tks Good to know!

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I don't remember ever seeing the logout option button using the power button, it was always showing 3 power related icons only and logout was always the little icon a few places above it. :):):)
Capture.GIF

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they are going to push back the build like they did with the last one. I don't want to waste my time installing a build if they are going to release another in a month.
I'm thinking you should be good to go.
I don't believe there is anything sufficiently wrong with this build so as to cause another goat roping like last time.
I do actually hope that soon, maybe this coming Tuesday, they will release a fix for the two issues in Task Manager.

Ask a Question