SOLVED Anyone seen the new build upgrade (1809) yet?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have to acknowledge their audacity....
It's almost mid-November and they have decided to stick with October Release.

I assume everything is right with the world in regards to Builds and Versions.
My main machine got a cumulative update today as well as my Insider Preview machine that was still on the Release Preview Ring (which is like the kiddie pool of the Insider Program, slower than the slow ring).

Both are now running 1809 / 17763.134

Capture2.PNG

They also decided today to make the ISO available again, which I assume (hopefully) provides the same 17763.134 build number and we can all join in a rousing chorus of kumbaya

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
They also decided today to make the ISO available again, which I assume (hopefully) provides the same 17763.134 build number and we can all join in a rousing chorus of kumbaya
Well I guess that was too much to hope for.

Capture.PNG

So if you performed a clean install with this ISO you'd need an immediate update to..... todays cumulative update.

Reaction score
Can we use the initial build 17763.1 and then update to 17763.134? I have the initial download and don't really want to download again. I haven't installed the build yet. I've been waiting for the repaired release.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's what I'm doing on my main machine. I downloaded, wiped my drive and clean installed from the ISO that they released (evidently by mistake) a couple three weeks ago and that's what I'm currently running, which was updated today with the "Tuesday" Update to .134
Probably important to note I didn't experience any of the problems associated with that brief release which caused them to pull it down quickly.

I've no plans of changing at this point.
BUT
IF for some reason I had to perform a new install going forward I would definitely grab the new offering with the Media Creation Tool as of today.

Reaction score
My group here were the lucky bunch who were succesful, without bugs, when the original was posted in the updates. - This changed the build to .134.

Last night, I had an accumulative update downloading. It took a while, and needed a restart as usual.
The end product was …………….134

Capture.GIF

Reaction score
I had no issue with the original release on 3 of my PC's. Already having issues with this. During the install phase it blue screened/froze. Had to do a hard shutdown. Restarted and went to updates and it said needed to restart. So far, so good. Hopefully it completes the install without any more issues.

Reaction score
Too much info that I don't understand. I am operating with 1803. Update says I am current. But, because of something I read here I downloaded to a USB flash something that appears to be 1809 related. Don't recall the exact title. Something like Windows 10 Upgrade Assist.

I'm fearful of installing it. I don't have the computer skills to recover if something goes wrong.

I did snip this before I backed out.. I did go one step further but no snip:
Capture.get important updates.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used XP for years and never had any serious problems that I did not create. Then I voluntarily upgrades to Windows 7. What a mistake. I had nothing but trouble beginning with the first installation attempt. Once I got it working (with help from my Grandson) I declared that I WOULD NEVER UPGRADE AGAIN.

Well multiple hardware failures in my old computers changed that. My two new(er) machines have Windows 10. One in a factory install and the other an upgrade. Both now have 1803 and seem to be working OKAY except that I lost access to my workgroup,

Now there is 1809.....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I needed a copy of 1809 this morning but it returned with an error message, this was a direct download from the MS web-page!.
At what point did you encounter the error.
I just tried it again this morning and it seemed to work as expected

Capture1.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Both now have 1803 and seem to be working OKAY except that I lost access to my workgroup,
Personally, IF I were you, I would wait until the 1809 Upgrade was offered directly to your individual computers via the normal Windows Update process in "Settings".
I wouldn't rush to Upgrade if my computers were working fine AND....
Too much info that I don't understand
I wasn't confident in my personal skill set to recover from a possible disaster.

IN the mean time, I would look into something like
AOEMI BackUpper http://www.backup-utility.com/
EaseUS ToDo http://www.easeus.com/backup-software/tb-free.html
OR one of the other Backup / Imaging tools available to make sure I protected my installation and critical data.

Reaction score
I used XP for years and never had any serious problems that I did not create. Then I voluntarily upgrades to Windows 7. What a mistake. I had nothing but trouble beginning with the first installation attempt. Once I got it working (with help from my Grandson) I declared that I WOULD NEVER UPGRADE AGAIN.

Well multiple hardware failures in my old computers changed that. My two new(er) machines have Windows 10. One in a factory install and the other an upgrade. Both now have 1803 and seem to be working OKAY except that I lost access to my workgroup,

Now there is 1809.....
I would wait until 1809 is offered in your Windows Updates. Most people will have no issues with it. The one I did last night was on an Insider Edition that I hadn't updated in a while. These major version updates come out twice a year, so you have to kind of get used to them.

Bif

Reaction score
I will also be waiting for it to come via WU...
"Good things" come to those who wait...:confused:

Reaction score
Maybe it was only on my computers (All Dells), but, a warning. After the reboot I return to a black screen with the spinner in the middle. Then the spinner vanished. It was a while - maybe as much as a minute, - before it all returned and booted up to the desktop.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've seen this more than once and not just on Dells.
There is a time I think, where the install is simultaneously attempting to install a graphics driver while it is also trying to get all the other bits and bobs sorted, that have changed as a result of the install.
This seems to result in a scary black screen with nothing much going on, which seems to last longer than normal but....
IF your machine is equipped with a hard disk activity light you can see that it's still hard at work.

That's the time where some applied patience comes in handy.
"Good things" come to those who wait

Reaction score
That is exactly it. Patience required. There was so much activity that, to double the terror, the hard disk light looked as though it had ceased to function, just one continuous red glow!

Reaction score
I will also be waiting for it to come via WU...
"Good things" come to those who wait...:confused:
I've got too many machines to wait for them all to start downloading from WU. Sadly if I had the bandwidth to handle such congestion, I would wait. I'm just hanging tight a day or two making sure the other shoe doesn't drop and the release is fine to go.

Ask a Question