New Build 15063 later Per DS

Reaction score
I just did my machine. There is a line on the Windows update page in settings that gives a link where one can get to the media creation tool ( not the link that says Update) and do the upgrade from there. Took me an hour and everything works afterwards... I went around plugging my 'stuff' in to check. Phone, Garmin, Kindle, watch. All good.

Reaction score
wu.JPG

I did what you did Trouble, now I have this, sorta makes me feel guilty..LOL

Reaction score
I gon an dun it agin.

Forgot which section (insider) I was in!

My last post, #77, has nothing to do with the insider program. That was the normal Windows 10 path.
KB4016252, referred to in the past few posts, will, I guess, come as the routing cumulative update next week (for me)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
See if this helps you to understand what's what
Version 1703 (Creators Update)

Windows 10 Creators Update or Windows 10 version 1703, codenamed "Redstone 2", is the third major update to Windows 10 and the second of the four major updates under the Redstone codenames. It carries the build number 10.0.15063. The first preview was released to Insiders on August 11, 2016. The final release was made available to Windows Insiders on March 20, 2017, followed by a public release on April 5 via Update Assistant, and began to roll out on April 11
SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history

So yes 15063 is the latest and it is called the Creators Update and the most recent build number as of the last cumulative update is Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How about other version like build 16353 ?
Is higher number means the better?
Nope..... no it doesn't mean that at all.
16353 is and was a "skip ahead build" for Windows Insiders who have their Insider computers configured as such
AND
Is a completely separate track of builds for rs4 (pre-release)
Insiders who joined Skip Ahead will continue to receive builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch which has transitioned to RS4 which is the release that will come after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (RS3).
Because we are just beginning development for RS4, Insiders shouldn’t expect to see a lot of big changes or new features just yet. Our focus remains getting the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ready for release!
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...uild-16353-pc-skip-ahead/#ef3QMLMRpseVTpr8.97

Reaction score
Then what have I to do? Can upgrade to newer build in Windows Update?
Or do I need to re-install?

Reaction score
Then what have I to do? Can upgrade to newer build in Windows Update?
Or do I need to re-install?

Nothing. If you have not tempered with the update settings, your windows will be upgrading itself when the new system comes out next month.It may or may not be on the day it comes out though as MS delivers the upgrade in waves. Just be patient...

Reaction score
There is one problem with my Windows 10, the apps Store , after clicking it, it does not show anything.
just a blue and blank page.

Reaction score
Insider builds will probably never stop updating. They are the precursor for the officially released builds that come out every 6 months.After all, Insider are the "Guinea pigs" for Microsoft.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is not an Operating system anymore, it is a service and you are privileged to use it. That way users can be bound to Microsoft and being forced to give up control over their own computer...
Saint2300, you have not seen confusing yet coming from Microsoft. It is not getting better......

Ask a Question