Windows 10 Anniversary Update released today (2nd August 2016)

Reaction score
I have been playing with the download speeds while doing my Third upgrade. If I had the use updates for other computers on your network, the speed stayed at the internet speed of 61 Mbps. When I changed it to use local and Internet systems, it jumped to 200 Mbps.

Just in case it might help, but I still have no problems getting the download to show after I do a manual check for updates.

Reaction score
Are you guys getting the Win 10 Home version update or Win 10 Pro. 10:40 PM here and still no updates for win 10 Pro,

Reaction score
Mine are all Pro and the link Hoody posted seems to work. It shows only available for a short time, maybe a couple of days.

Reaction score
Are you guys getting the Win 10 Home version update or Win 10 Pro. 10:40 PM here and still no updates for win 10 Pro,
Pro on this PC, Home on my tablet. Nothing on either yet. I will download the iso though.

Reaction score
May a couple of hours? I followed the link and all I see is Defer Updates, changed search engines to Google, Bin, all the same "Defer Updates" I guess I'll have to wait my turn.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine completed the update without issues. Classic Shell released an update, so I didn't need to resort to the beta version. Now if only the following update would stop failing.

"Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (KB3001652) - Error 0x80070643"

Reaction score
I don't have the update yet (August 3 where I am) but I read elsewhere that Cortana is no longer able to be disabled. I don't see anything of interest for me, especially the ink thing but hey, I;m sure others will enjoy the updates. I'm still not going to use Edge even though it will allow a few extensions, though. I'm addicted to Chrome and all its perks.

Reaction score
That's a fairly large file, over 5 GBs. Possible a Multi-language or some such thing. Or maybe 32 and 64 bit?.
AND " from Norton) Your right it was around 5GB, mostly Outlook, Word, XL, Visio, OneNote, Power Point... I wouldn't care but I only use Word and XL now I'm retired. I'm disappointed that MS removed the user option to deselect unwanted updates
I would really like to know what that is all about!! Norton, were all those Office programs activated?

Saltgrass. The biggest multi file on the MS download site is the English 64 Bit. 4177 mbs.

Reaction score
I have run the upgrade, without incident, and made a fresh install. Only problem with the fresh install was, at the end, I got a little alarmed at how long it was showing "Getting ready" Must have been about 10 minutes

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Bash for Windows - if you're a Linux user, you'll be familiar with Bash. It's a Linux command line for Windows... quite a surprise!

So...is Microsoft going to switch over to a Linux OS core and layer their stuff on top of it?

Reaction score
I installed on 2 machines. One a Surface Book and the other an Alienware 18. It took about an hour and the first noticeable things PERFORMANCE increase (its faster). The Windows Ink icon in taskbar and the StartMenu has changed a bit and the shutdown shortcut is along the left side of the start menu. I had heard about the optionn to choose between light and dark themes so I switched mine to dark. I also noticed the default font has changed which I like better. The look of setting has changed a bit also. All in all i recommend it for every Windows 10 user just based on performance increases.

Reaction score
I have updated 4 so far .. Pro to Pro, Home to Home ..these dont change .. read some where its rolling out newer machines to older - and in fact my newest machine (desktop) was ready to update early morning .. I forced the update to my oldest laptops (5 to 8ish years) .. as usual - quirks on each .. but it got done .. I did notice no shut-off of Cortana - but if you disable the key elements or confuse it with different language settings it "seems" to be shut-off .. I also noticed a performance improvement - but it could not have been any slower before despite Micorsoft's tireless effort to lie to people about its speed . .. Im on a local cable provider with 250MB download and I have seen pings at 400MB yet EDGE is the worst thing I have ever experienced - and now with enhanced ad delivery - ITS BY FAR EVEN WORSE - I wait and I wait and I wait for ads to popluate - and if they think I am paying to go ADLESS - SCREW THEM ..I'll find ways around it ... still comtemplating removing the bulk of my home network from internet access .. having one machine open to mail etc ..

Reaction score
Download and update took 30 minutes. Update was a rather lengthy process but all went well and no immediate problems or issues have surfaced. A quick check of settings and didn't seen any that had been changed during the update.

I've installed it had to reboot now 3hrs later still waiting stuck on spinning circle

Ask a Question