Windows 10 Anniversary Update released today (2nd August 2016)

Reaction score
The link that Hoody provided for the ISO download is that for 32 64 bit, Win 10 Pro or Home version?
I'm currently running the Pro version Pre-Anniversary. Still! LOL
It is a choice of Home and Pro both available during install. There is an ISO for 32 bit and another ISO for 64 bit. Both ISO links are available from that page Hoody linked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are two separate downloads, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.
I would assume that in both cases they will contain the ability to upgrade, clean install and or repair both Home and Pro.
At least that has been typical of the ISOs that Microsoft has been releasing and since there is not a separate option to download either Home or Pro, just "Windows 10".

Reaction score
Clifford / Trouble Thanks for the info all I saw was Win 10 single language option. That's what I downloaded 64 bit as a backup for clean install or repair as needed.
Trouble have you received your Anniversary update yet? The last post page 3 you said your wife had the update but you were still patiently waiting as I am. Just checked update for Defender definitions only.

Reaction score
Dave I double checked the link and it does say for Windows Home or Pro the build say it's 1607.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
OH man, well looks like I also will have to resort to using the USB installer created with the ISO, ran that Microsoft updater exe from the site that Cajun posted just for the heck of it first to see, and I also woke up this morning with the "something went wrong" popup and error 0x8007ee7. jezzzuzzzzzz, lol. I sure didn't expect this this time, I assumed everything had been fixed with these things by now. OH well, life goes on :)

Reaction score
It's bound to happen when 50 million people hit download at the same time. I think they are rolling it out in some kind of orderly fashion but many of us are impatient, myself included.

My Surface got the update on Tuesday but 3 other PC's have not.

Reaction score
After spending a morning sorting out the destruction the new build created i will stick with the old one.
If that's the best they can come up with as an anniversary update the didn't need to bother.
There seems nothing there that i need or want and as this build works o/k i will stick with it.
good job there was an option to go back to the previous build or i would be going back to W 7 ;)

Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer, installed from the installation media last (midnight) night. No glitches, or missing apps or files, everything was were I left it. The first thing I did this morning was run my cleaning programs to get rid of the unwanted clutter then created a restore point, system image and backed up the registry. At least this install didn't turn off "Restore" The only task I had to do this morning was associate my saved "Word" docs.

Reaction score
After spending a morning sorting out the destruction the new build created i will stick with the old one.
If that's the best they can come up with as an anniversary update the didn't need to bother.
There seems nothing there that i need or want and as this build works o/k i will stick with it.
good job there was an option to go back to the previous build or i would be going back to W 7 ;)

Defender01 Did you uninstall 3rd party antivirus programs before the updater?

Reaction score
Defender01 Did you uninstall 3rd party antivirus programs before the updater?
No i have only ever used Defender since installing W10
everything got screwed up i was lucky to get my previous build back as whatever i clicked on just didn't open and all i got was a spinning circle instead of a curser so couldn't open anything nightmare.:(

Reaction score
Well last night when shutting down saw option to install updates and only after it started realised that this was a complete update needless to say at 71% it rebooted and when screen came on it said restoring previous version of windows so now i am reluctant to try installing again just in case something goes wrong so at a catch 22 at minute

Reaction score
Day 3 now and my taskbar issue has not returned so I think I'm safe in assuming that the update has fixed the issue. I also definitely like the dark theme option and in the start menu you no longer have to click an "all apps" button to get to the apps menu. You can now just scroll down so an additional, unnecessary mouse click has been eliminated. I don't use Edge, Cortana and a lot of other stuff so I don't have any comments on them.

Reaction score
OK guys, so I did another WUD check a few min ago and still no go, I did however complete the D/L using that update assistant tool. So right now its sitting at 44%, I did have to find a fix for the 0x8000ee7 error, seems there's something with the windows store and IP4 , set it to 8888 (first line) and 8844 (2n line) and tried again, it picked back up at 58%, still took 4hrs to complete the D/L though.

So I'll let ya know how the upgrade went later.

Reaction score
My install updated directly to Version 1607 Build 14393.10.
Good for you! However, the Anniversary Update isn't automatically updating on my desk-top and tablet computers. Attempts to update manually result in verification of my computers and apparently successful downloading. Unfortunately, installation fails on both computers after two seconds. At that point, a "Something went wrong" message appears along with Error Code 0x80070057. Working with a Microsoft tech for over an hour using various installation techniques resulted in the same behavior. The tech has e-mailed me he has a solution, but my phone number doesn't work, which is nuts! My number works fine. On top of everything, I can't find a way post a message on this forum, which is why I'm posting a reply to your post.

Reaction score
Good for you! However, the Anniversary Update isn't automatically updating on my desk-top and tablet computers. Attempts to update manually result in verification of my computers and apparently successful downloading. Unfortunately, installation fails on both computers after two seconds. At that point, a "Something went wrong" message appears along with Error Code 0x80070057. Working with a Microsoft tech for over an hour using various installation techniques resulted in the same behavior. The tech has e-mailed me he has a solution, but my phone number doesn't work, which is nuts! My number works fine. On top of everything, I can't find a way post a message on this forum, which is why I'm posting a reply to your post.

HY, since I'm sitting at 93% getting your update ready, I have time to do some looking.

check this and see if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-updates/3646cb74-3cfc-4bea-b5a0-ba78ff4864d0

Reaction score
Do we need to have this update i am quite happy the way things are ie working.
If you don't have this new build will we still get updates there should be an option to have the new build or the old.
Perhaps the next anniversary will sort out the bugs in this one. ;)

Reaction score
Yes we did needed the update. Microsoft created a Tyrannosaurus (T. rex) OS and they've been using a Fly Swatter to knock down and control it.

Ask a Question