Windows 10 Anniversary Update released today (2nd August 2016)

Reaction score
I have a HP computer with Windows 10 Home. I ran the Windows 10 Anniversary update from the link, and all went well until the final status came a message to Call Microsoft as I have a "error code Ox80070057.

Also have another HP computer...the same model and OS with the exception it has Windows 10 PRO. I ran the update same as the above. It also came up with message to contact Microsoft as it shown a error code Ox80070057.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've installed it had to reboot now 3hrs later still waiting stuck on spinning circle
I think you should reboot and see if you can start over. Hopefully you have a standby image? Today I have done a couple of upgrades and a couple of fresh installs, so it is difficult to assess what your problem is for the moment.
The spinning circle usually indicates it cannot find something, a driver, for example. But it should not being having that problem with an upgrade

Reaction score
well I just got done D/L the Windows single English ISO, man it took like 12 hrs since I was on here last night lol, won't mess with it till I get too tired of waiting for WUD to kick in, I'll just burn the installer on USB for now.

I remember I had this same kind of mess when 8.1.1 came out, my 8.1 just wouldn't get the update, and ended up doing a ISO D/L for that too.

Reaction score
i try installing and after the first reboot a blue screen say i updating Windows and after he reboot and say i cant install it

so im a Microsoft expert i will find it ... i dont want to format ... i just want to find it ... i start it on my laptop ... lets check if this one working lol

Reaction score
I got to the page, clicked on the big blue tab and it D/L some exe named Windows10upgrade28084.exe that's only 5.52mg

clicking that file brings up the Windows Box. Now I don't know if this would interfear with the normal windows update service thingy or just what it would install. I don't want it to clean install, I want to choose how it installs. So I'm not quite sure what this installer is. Does it create a ISO image?

What did you find using it Cajun?

View attachment 3557
It updated in the normal way to version 1607 (Build 14393.10) on my computer. Took about 2.5 hours to download and about 20-30 minutes to update.

Reaction score
after a sfc /scannow i restart the update and it pass :)

but i just dont know why at first it dont pass ... no error at all

Reaction score
I wish they would publish some sort of release schedule. I have two desktop machines to update and so far as of this posting nothing is appearing in updates. Would be nice to know when I can expect it to show up.

I wonder too if the update will fix my annoying taskbar issue.
What was your annoying task bar issue as I've had one and solved it, maybe same one

Reaction score
Has anyone volunteered direct ISO links for download? I haven't searched for them yet, but I have been watching for someone to post links. I can't recall seeing anyone post them.

Reaction score
im a corporate user and i try to do online update because my windows update server its not here at home ... they remove check online for update and for the language pack im unable to install it because of this

Reaction score
Just burned the ISO to USB for the installer, tested it and its operational, esc to cancel for now.
I'll give it till Friday before I install manual.

checked again just now and still says I'm up2date, ON both my desktop and this laptop, weird as hell, but I see I'm not alone. I'd like something from Microsoft on this issue as to why it is.

here are a couple links for some possible causes.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows10-anniversary-update-common-problems-how-fix

http://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-anniversary-update-1607-not-showing-up/

my setting has it set to "notify to install" but its grayed and I can't change it for some reason, I have the Pro version. Anyway went to services and see it had manual set, so I changed that to automatic, will see what that does, I may also try the windows update tool. Haven't needed to use that since Vista.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hoody Your not alone, I've seen nothing, not sure if I even want it from what I've read today.
MS will make sure I get one way or another. They are most likely leaving me alone for a few weeks because I don't have an MS account. LOL

Reaction score
Just burned the ISO to USB for the installer, tested it and its operational, esc to cancel for now.
I'll give it till Friday before I install manual.

checked again just now and still says I'm up2date, ON both my desktop and this laptop, weird as hell, but I see I'm not alone. I'd like something from Microsoft on this issue as to why it is.

here are a couple links for some possible causes.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows10-anniversary-update-common-problems-how-fix

http://www.intowindows.com/fix-windows-10-anniversary-update-1607-not-showing-up/

my setting has it set to "notify to install" but its grayed and I can't change it for some reason, I have the Pro version. Anyway went to services and see it had manual set, so I changed that to automatic, will see what that does, I may also try the windows update tool. Haven't needed to use that since Vista.
I'm in the same boat. I'm just anxious because some gamer friends of mine have had issues since the update.

Did you make a change in your group policy editor to block auto updates? I did, and my option is also grayed out (which I'm certainly fine with).

Bif

Reaction score
Well well.....that took just this side of forever!..31/2 hours from the first click to typing this comment.Nothing that's knocked my socks off but everything does seem to be running a tad faster and responding faster (might just be the 31/2 hour wait though)..nice start menu and digging the new Defender shield thingamabob,but at this stage in life I'm just happy it boots up and is running "smoothly". I'm sure I will be feasting on some of these words in the days to come...Bon Appétit!

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I'm just anxious because some gamer friends of mine have had issues since the update.

Did you make a change in your group policy editor to block auto updates? I did, and my option is also grayed out (which I'm certainly fine with).

well I just ran sfc/scannow and it did find corrupt files, which I don't know and don't feel like bothering to go through the folder and files. cause there's nothing running wrong on my system except this update thing. The Vista machine also had this weird update problem. I also checked services and had the windows update set to automatic, also ran the windows update tool, which found a couple items, but nothing that should keep updates from working.

Not sure now if I made any group changes or not, I sure didn't block auto updates. matter fact can't really recall where the group settings are lol.

I may also just re try that exe from the link Cajun posted again, even though I now have the installer on USB just to see what it does. Man I hate this kind of crap.........

Last edited:
Reaction score
I broke down and did the upgrade via the iso. It took about 1 1/2 hours, and seems to have gone fine. The iso build is 14393. A small windows update brings that to 14393.1. Now to see if I have any issues with Battlefield 4.

Reaction score
The link that Hoody provided for the ISO download is that for 32 64 bit, Win 10 Pro or Home version?
I'm currently running the Pro version Pre-Anniversary. Still! LOL

Ask a Question